Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Madeline's Journal - First Entry

My precious daughter, I make this record for you. You are the youngest of us and your burden is heavy. I do not know what the future may bring, other than peace, but I will pass on as much of our people's knowledge as I may.

For now, it is a relief to know that we are safe. Secure in our Refuge. The great march has ended with us having a home. And while our people will always have a sword near at hand, it is enough that our role has shifted to one of guardian and protector.

I, too, take my watch at the gates... knowing those abominations can not gain entry without our consent is more than anyone dared hope. Yet, many of them loiter just beyond the gates. A few simply watch us... perhaps hoping we will grow restless or careless in our vigilance.

No comments:

Post a Comment