Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gilgamore's Journal - Nine Hundredth and Sixty-Seventh Entry

I stood my watch at the gates again today. I recalled Madeline's observations that there are yet some of the Aayrn watching us... she is correct. I had assumed them to be offspring of our original pursuers, but peering more closely, I began to recognize distinct traits I'd recorded so long ago in this very journal. I have reread my early entries and confirmed it. Many of the Aayrn standing counter to our watch are the same as those that watched in those early days.

This seems absurd on the surface. None of the vermin are as long lived as the Brevin. I near my dotage... or what would be dotage were I of one of the lesser peoples. Now, I hope that I no longer retain my sanity. If these are the same creatures that stalked us through the Barrier's corridors, unchanged by the current of time... how can that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment